The generalist counselling program is a confidential service for all women over the age of 10, and is staffed by qualified counsellors/educators who work from a client focused and strengths based perspective.
We work with a variety of issues affecting the well being of women, including, but not limited to:
- Peri-menopause years/menopause
- Self-awareness (such as how physiological symptoms can impact your overall wellbeing)
- Mental health issues such as depression, anxiety and other diagnoses
- Domestic and family violence
- Workplace issues
- Anger management
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Grief and loss
- Pregnancy options
- Significant life events
- And anything that can affect your life in general; nothing is too big or too small.
- We offer an outreach service to Yeppoon one day a week, and are also currently working with Rockhampton High to provide counselling services to students.
In addition to one on one counselling, we also facilitate workshops, groups and information sessions on a variety of topics. By request, we are also able to develop workshops and information sessions tailored to individual needs as specified (please contact our manager for further information).
We receive referrals from a variety of sources in the community, including other community services, community groups including ATSI (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) and CALD (Culturally and Linguistically Diverse), Probation and Parole, Child Safety, doctors, Centrelink, Queensland Police, hospital, mental health, schools, etc. We also accept referrals from individuals who wish to seek counselling; no referral necessary.